Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH2-DTE
- Drive Type: V
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 88hp
- Type: Inboard
- Engine Hours: 2520
194 Water Street
Stonington, Connecticut, US, 06378
REGULUS is in extra-special condition, lavished with incredible care and maintenance at one of New England's finest yards, by an owner who has always wanted the boat to be in perfect condition.
The layout of REGULUS sets her apart from many of her sister ships. This boat has an interior designed to be useful both offshore and when coastal cruising. The cockpit is as you would expect it, with no significant modifications from standard - and there shouldn't be. It is ultra-functional.
Going down the companionway, one finds a full Nav-station to port, where the navigator can freely communicate with the cockpit. Aft of the Nav station is the navigator's quarter berth. The engine is under the companionway, the location (preferred by many over the SW52's location in the salon).
Opposite to port is a large and commodious quarter cabin with its own en-suite head and separate stall shower. This is a decadent owner's or guest quarters - your pick.
Forward of the Nav-station is the U-shaped galley which is fully equipped and properly set-up for offshore meal prep and gourmet cooking when desired. Galley space extends across the center line to elegant storage on the port side.
Next forward one finds the full-beam salon, with a u-shaped settee to port, a straight settee to starboard and a center line drop leaf table that will seat the entire crew and maybe even a few more. there are lee-clothes port and starboard for offshore.
Forward to port is the second head, with access from the salon or from the private forward cabin, and storage opposite.
And finally the forward cabin - which can serve as the master cabin or the VIP suite - it is large, with excellent elbow room, light and storage.
The entire interior is finished with the incredible craftsmanship you expect in a Hinckley, using Cherry with a teak and holly sole. All doors are oval topped. The salon upholstery is a rich Navy Blue leather. The headliner is a solid surface, white, with Cherry trim and Everything is in spectacular condition.
Here are further details:
- Twin berths
- Lee clothes for berths
- 4 drawer Bureau
- Hanging Locker with cedar lining
- Private entry to aft head with vanity and separate stall shower. VacuFlush toilet (2006).
- Permanently mounted safe under berth with combination lock.
- Ample storage at nav station, 3 drawers, chart table. etc.
- Repeated electronics (see Electronics, below)
- Quarter berth aft of nav station
- Swing open companionway stairs with extensive storage area behind.
- Access to V Drive, Racor filter, Fuel tank selector, remote engine start/shut off.
- 3 burner force 10 propane stove with oven and broiler
- Double stainless steel sink
- Large refrigerator and separate freezer, with Grunert Cold Plate systems in both.
- Xintex S-2A propane solenoid remote control and fume detector.
- Extensive storage for pantry and galley supplies
- Opposite galley to port is a counter top, 4 drawers, a locker and dedicated cup and crystal storage.
- Step down to forward stateroom
- Large louvered door hanging locker to starboard jut outside cabin
- V-berth with filler
- Storage above and below in 8 drawers, six lockers and one hanging locker with cedar lining.
- Private access to forward head with vanity and shower. VacuFlush toilet with custom holding tank (both 2005).
- Four teak framed hatches with Lexan inserts
- 4 cowl vents with Lexan-topped teak dorade boxes
- Teak framed screens for companionway
- Three freshwater tanks - forward, midships, and aft, 179 gallons total capacity
- Two fuel tanks - port and starboard - 147 gallons total capacity.
- Four Lifeline AGM 4D batteries (located under quarter berth), new 2014
- New Battery boxes, wiring, breakers and monitors (2005)
- Balmar 210 amp alternator, belt driven off a PTO to a dedicated pillow bearing supported drive system. (2006)
- Xantrex Charger/Inverter control (2005)
- Shore power with cord
- Chrome Ocean Frigast Denmark interior lams with LED bulbs
- Water heater (2005)
- Masthead Tricolor light (2014)
- Hull is fully bonded for electrical grounding
- Raymarine E80 chart plotter at helm (2006)
- Two Raymarine ST70+ displays above companionway (2010)
- Raymarine ST70 controller above companionway (2010)
- Raymarine E80 chart plotter at nav station (2006)
- Raymarine ST60+ Wind instrument at nav station (2010)
- Raymarine ST60+ Speed and Depth at nav station (2010)
- Raymarine Radar (installed on Questus back stay mount) (2013)
- Raymarine Smart Controller remote control
- Airmar DST800 retractable triducer - depth, speed, temperature
- Airmar CA500 underwater camera, can be installed in transducer housing to view forward edge of keel
- Seatalk Alarm Module
- High Bilge water alarm
- Icom IC-M604 VHF at nav station (2012)
- Icom Command Mic (2007)
- Icom IC-M802 SSB Single Side Band radio at nav station (2012)
- Icom AT140 tuner for SSB (2012)
- SSB Antennae (2012)
- MMIS for VHF (2012)
- Raymarine SR100 Sirius Satellite Weather Receiver (2007)
- Raymarine AIS 650 Class b Transceiver (2012)
- Siren Marine remote vessel monitoring system (vessel position and battery status) (2012)
- Raystar RS130 GPS sensor/antennae (2013)
- New Seatalk Backbone for electronics (2011)
- Two water witch bilge pump controls at nav station
- JVC stereo with ADS cabin speakers and cockpit speakers (2006)
- Sirius stereo receiver (2006)
- Television in salon
- 60 lb CQR anchor on bow roller system
- Second anchor - Fortress FX-3 (stored in anchor locker)
- Third anchor - Fortress FX-55, stored un-assembled in custom chocks below cabin sole.
- 300 feet of anchor chain
- Maxwell 2200 Electric Windlass with manual handle, chain counter and remote control (2007)
- Stainless Steel stem head fitting with chocks and anchor roller
- Divided chain locker
- Anchor locker
- Teak seat in bow pulpit
- Deck wash outlet forward and midships
- Double un-coated SS lifelines (new 2011)
- Lifeline gates port and starboard
- Dorade guards
- Mid ship chocks and cleats
- Deck prisms (2) one in forward head, one in aft cabin.
- Large aft lazarette
- Propane locker aft to starboard. New tanks, sensors and detectors 2005. New hoses 2015.
- Storage locker aft to port
- Storage under helm seat
- Deep cockpit lazarette to starboard
- Cockpit cushions (2005)
- All deck hardware rebed (2005)
- Carbon fiber mast, double spreader, keel stepped (Awlgripped 2005)
- New masthead fitting, by Hall Spars, 2010
- Leisure Furl furling boom (2005)
- Original boom is available
- Spinnaker pole, Carbon Fiber, with storage chocks on deck
- Harken MK IV head stay furler (2010) new drum (2013)
- Mainsail (2005), Crosscut Hydranet cloth, by Halsey
- Genoa - 130% (2005) Crosscut Hydranet cloth, by Halsey
- Jib, est 100%.
- Staysail (2008), for removable inner forestay, with orange visibility patches, by North Sails
- Storm Jib, by UK Halsey, never used
- Storm Trysail with deck storage bag, Orange visibility patches, by North Sails
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker 0.75 oz, with Snuffer, seldom used, by North Sails
- Symmetrical Spinnaker 0.75 oz, 1996, seldom used, by North Sails
WINCHES and related hardware:
- Lewmar 66 ST (2) on cockpit coamings
- Lewmar 58 ST (2) Electric on cockpit coamings
- Lewmar 48 Electric on cabin top - centerboard and main sheet
- Lewmar 48 Electric on cabin top - Main halyard and Leisure Furl
- Lewmar 48 ST on deck near mast
- Lewmar 44 ST on deck near mast
- Two Lewmar ST winches on mast
- Navtec Hydraulic back stay adjuster (new cyclinder and lines 2005)
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang (2011)
- Navtec hydraulic remote control panel for both back stay and vang
- Harken Main sheet Traveler with controls led aft
- Outboard Genoa tracks on toe rail
- Short jib tracks recessed in deck, with Harken cars
- Longer Genoa track recessed in deck, with Harken cars
- Stay sail fitting on fore deck with tie-rod to hull.
- Removable inner forestay for staysail
- Storm Trysail track on Mast (separate from Mainsail track)
- Much new running rigging, including AmSteel running backstays (2005), mainsheet (2015), traveller (2018) and main halyard (2019)
- Miscellaneous snatch blocks and winch handles
- Stainless steel turnbuckle covers (2005)
- All chain plates rebed (2005)
- Dodger with stainless steel frame and stainless grab handle (2008) by Custom Covers in Westbrook, CT.
- Bimini with stainless steel frame (2008) by Custom Covers in Westbrook, CT.
- Wheel cover (2008) by Custom Covers in Westbrook, CT.
- Hatch Dodger for Forward stateroom hatch (2012) by Custom Covers in Westbrook, CT.
- Custom fitted sun covers for all exterior brightwork: toe rails; hand rails; dorade boxes; hatchs
- Custom fitted delivery/racing sunbrella covers for all interior leather cushions.
- Custom sun cover/awning for entire deck
- Custom storage cover for entire boat, with mast up, down to just below toerails.
- Espar Diesel central heating system
- Boarding ladder aft, stainless steel with teak treads
- Hinckley boarding step for use at port and starboard gates
- Dinghy outboard engine mount on stern pulpit
- Hinckley Stainless Steel Dinghy Engine crane
- Hinckley custom fender boards
- Switlick MOM 8-A man overboard module (2006)
- Pad eyes in cockpit and on deck
- Emergency tiller, stainless steel
- Stainless steel pedestal guard with custom chart plotter housing
- manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Life sling
- Two Horseshoe life rings
- ACR EPIRB
- Avon 6 person life raft
- Six offshore life jackets
- Tank Tender
- Village Marine Tec Reverse Osmosis Water Maker (2008)
- Weems and Plath barometer, humidity and temperature
- All ports removed and rebedded, 2019.
- New Tides Marine custom UHMW rudder bearings (2006)
- Hull Awlgripped (2009)
- Bottom stripped and Interlux 2000 Epoxy coated (2005)
- Engine and transmission both had major overhaul and refit (2005) New control cables (2015)
- All seacocks replaced with Forespar Marelon (2005)
- Two deck washdown outlets - forward washdown is saltwater; midships washdown is freshwater
- Hot and cold freshwater shower in cockpit coaming (controls in lazarette)
- City water inlet with pressure regulator
- New Perko basket strainer (2005)
- Two new electric bilge pumps (2011)
- Three 5 lb. Halotron Fire extinguishers (2013)
- Full racing floorboard system of King Starboard with Seafoam nonskid. (2013) Replaces solid teak and holly floorboards when racing.
- Full Bermuda Race prep, including securing systems for hatches, hatch boards, drawers lockers, floorboards, etc.
- Dishes, stainless steel utensils, pots, pans, etc.
- Custom fitted sheets for all berths
- Screens for all opening ports, hatches, and the companionway.
- CO detectors in forward and aft cabins
- AVAILABLE: Dyer 9' sailing dinghy and Torqueedo outboard with 2 batteries, fast charger and slow charger.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Stonington Yacht Sales represents high quality, distinctive vessels, and buyers and sellers who appreciate finely tuned services to meet their unique needs. Please call John Farmelo to learn more about this vessel and our comprehensive, and somewhat exclusive, brokerage services.
John C. Farmelo
Stonington Yacht Sales, LLC
at Dodson Boatyard, Stonington CT.