Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: diesel
- Drive Type: Jet
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 440hp
- Type: Inboard
- Year: 2022
- Engine Location: Port
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: diesel
- Drive Type: Jet
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 440hp
- Type: Inboard
- Year: 2022
- Engine Location: Starboard
AQUILA has just completed an extensive winter maintenance program giving any prospective buyer an opportunity to purchase a truly turnkey T40 that is ready for the winter season. This original owner Talaria 40 was built for a knowledgeable boat owner and outfitted for cruising in southern climates. Tinted pilothouse windows, upgraded air-conditioning systems and skyscreen shades on all overhead hatches provide comfortable accommodations at any temperature. The full length bow rail and modified cabin top mast, to reduce bridge clearance requirements, are just two of the many features that make AQUILA unique and the perfect cruiser.
The boat has been lightly used seasonally, maintained by Hinckley Yacht Services and a yacht management group which has kept AQUILA in top condition.
¨ Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides
¨ Off white/cream Gel-coat Cabin house and Deck
¨ Double Cream Boot Stripe.
¨ Red Bottom
Hinckley DualGuard composite construction of the hull is Kevlar E-glass hybrid and balsa core, SCRIMPed with vinyl-ester resin. Deck and cockpit is E-glass and balsa core, molded with polyester resin. The foredeck has a molded-in nonskid pattern as does the pilothouse and cockpit sole.
- Molded-in nonskid pattern on decks
- Standard full bow rail
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail.
- Foredeck has a flush anchor locker with a pneumatic strut that holds open the anchor locker hatch and Hinckley-designed stowaway stainless steel anchor roller with remote electric windlass
- Mid-deck molded-in locker to stbd. for additional storage.
- Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round, and a stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder.
- Teak Transom
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished teak handrails on pilothouse and cabin tops
- Four (4) opening elliptical ports with screens
- Custom shortened and lay back Hinckley-styled mast on pilothouse top-painted to match deck
- ACR remote spotlight mounted on cabin top-painted to match deck
- Cockpit floodlight is mounted on the pilothouse top mast- painted to match deck.
- (5) Low profile Lewmar opening aluminum hatches
- All Lewmar opening hatches have Ocean Air Skyscreen screen/blind systems
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow and stern 316L stainless steel mooring cleats
- Two mid-ship port and starboard spring line cleats provide easy access forward and aft on side decks
- Wichard padeyes with chafe strips to hang fenders and fender lines have Wichard clips
- Teak deck cockpit sole
- Varnished teak cockpit coaming
- Aft facing seating is built-in to the port and starboard engine boxes. These seat cushions and backs are covered in a dark blue patterned Dibble Hello Sailor Sunbrella fabric, engine box tops are topped with varnished teak and separate the cockpit from the pilothouse.
- Forward facing bench seating at aft end of cockpit with cushioned bottom and back covered in the same dark blue patterned Sunbrella fabric
- Inboard facing teak louvered doors provide access to large storage areas in each seat back
- The engine boxes are hinged and have electric lifts to provide easy access to the engine room.
- Teak side deck boarding step
- Cockpit boarding step platform has fittings on port and starboard sides
- (1) pair stereo speakers mounted under side decks
- Courtesy step light in pilothouse entry and courtesy lighting under the side decks.
- Shore cord inlet with Glendenning reel system.
- Cockpit shower/water outlet with hot and cold mixing valve
- Insulated and drained cooler/fish box in transom
- Custom teak cockpit table (stows when underway)
- Stainless plated scupper grates provide direct overboard drainage
- Hinged transom door
- Center deck hatch provide storage space and access to service mechanical
- All exterior cushions have Stamoid weather covers
- Boat hook stored in holder under starboard side deck
- Molded nonskid pilothouse sole
- Varnished teak pilothouse side liners
- Varnished teak table
- Varnished teak dash
- (5) Five pilothouse windows: all tinted light green; two sliding side windows and three fixed forward windows.
- Forward pilothouse windows have heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers with fresh water washers. .
- Interior window sun covers for all five pilothouse windows
- Insulated white overhead for sound attenuation
- Two (2) overhead opening hatches with OceanAir Skyscreens-blinds/bug screens
- Overhead illumination is low voltage halogen lights
- (2) two stereo speakers in pilothouse
- Two (2) Hella fans mounted in pilothouse forward overhead outboard to port and starboard
- Teak locking companionway door.
- (2) Varnished teak handrails in pilothouse overhead
- Stamoid drop curtains with isinglass windows provide a fully enclosed pilothouse.
- Helm Seats:
- Stidd helm and passenger seats finished in Ivory UltraLeather with powder-coated pedestal bases.
- The port seat is adjustable manually both height, and fore and aft and has an integrated footrest.
- The starboard helm seat is adjustable manually fore and aft and it’s footrest is mounted on the forward bulkhead.
Forward port passenger area has a varnished teak shelf with fiddle rail:
- AC/DC electrical panel is below the shelf
- Goose-neck chart light above DC panel
- Air conditioning vent
- (2) Integral cup-holders – Stainless steel
- Fiddle on forward port dash
- 12-volt outlet
- 110VAC GFI outlet
Helm Station (Starboard)
Helm Station has a varnished teak instrument pod with continuing shelf outboard and aft. Layout of controls was customized for improved ergonomics.
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim,
- Hinckley “Jet Stick 2” which integrates forward and aft control, steering, and bow thruster into a single joystick
- Dual engine controls and gauges
- ACR Spotlight control remote pad
- Exalto windshield wiper control pad on dash
- Trim tab position indicators
- Raymarine EVO 300+ Autopilot control unit
- Separate fuel gauges for each fuel tank
- Marineair Air conditioning digital control pad
- Ignition key switches and stop switches to starboard of helm seat
- Manual back up for JetStick
- Under the helm seat is teak louvered door with storage behind.
- Stereo system control at helm
- 18k BTU Marine air-conditioning system with digital control.
Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- (2) 2016 Raymarine GS MFD 12” color LCD Radar with 4kw open array antenna. Color Chart Plotter with Ray 130 WAAS antenna. Radar array painted to match deck color.
- Raymarine 130 display mounted at dash shows depth/speed/water temperature I170 display
- Raymarine VHF with loud hailer
- Danforth Constellation high speed compass, varnished laminated binnacle mount
- JETSTICK 2 WITH HOVER AND HYDRAULIC BOW THRUSTER TO REPLACE ELECTRIC
- REMOTE CONTROL TO OPERATE BOAT FROM ANYWHERE ON BOAT (PALM STICK
Pilothouse aft has additional seating with two (2) curved settees, each with a varnished teak shelf rim outboard.
- Settees face inboard and forward and have back and bottom cushions. These cushions are box style and are covered in the same dark blue patterned Sunbrella fabric
- There is locker stowage beneath the port and starboard settees.
- Varnished teak table.
- Teak cockpit sole
Pilothouse amenities include:
- Additional pilothouse stowage is accessed through the centerline hatch.
- A speaker is mounted in the settee base both port and starboard.
ACCOMMODATIONS & LAYOUT:
From the pilothouse, on center are the teak companionway steps to the accommodations below. The lower step is top-opening for stowage. The top-opening second step houses the master disconnect switches to the electrical systems.
The varnished teak companionway door has a louvered upper half with removable folding varnished teak hatch top. There is a varnished teak handrail on the starboard side.
INTERIOR BELOW: The interior is finished in a satin-varnished cherry wood with insulated white overhead with cherry trim. The cabin sole is varnished teak and tulipwood and has a custom cabin sole cover. All cabin locker doors are louvered with radius corners on the frames.
- (3) Opening overhead hatches with OceanAir Skyscreen-blinds/bug screens
- (4) Opening ports below (including head and galley) with removable screens
- Interior overhead lights and step lights
- Upgraded 16K BTU Marine Air reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning
Entertainment system includes:
- Alpine Amplifier for pilothouse and cockpit speakers
- Helm mounted Fusion with Ipod dock
The Galley is immediately starboard with satin varnished stained cherry woodwork with a Aurora Off White Corian countertop. This galley has been thoughtfully arranged for ease of use.
- Polished deep stainless steel sink with single lever Grohe Faucet with hot and cold pressure water
- Two burner Miele electric cooktop.
- Locker outboard of sink with louvered door.
- Microwave mounted above and forward of galley sink with cherry louvered door. Sea Frost (2022) refrigeration/freezer with a shelf is top-accessed through the countertop.
- Storage outboard and above the galley countertop.
- Three drawers forward of the sink as well as a cherry-faced locker below sink provide additional storage
Sink is forward. Next to the sink is a countertop accessed waste bin. Next aft is the cooktop with large storage locker below. Three additional storage lockers with louvered cherry doors and a small fiddled shelf are over and outboard the stove. Dish and glass storage locker is on the aft bulkhead above the refrigeration. The refrigeration is top-accessed through the countertop.
Galley amenities include:
- Generator control panel
- Inverter control panel
- Fresh water tank gauge
- 110-volt GFI dual outlet, mounted on aft bulkhead
- 12-volt light is mounted under the locker over the refrigeration
- Two halogen lights in overhead above galley
- Step light in galley
- Opening port with screen
- Opening overhead hatch screen with SkyScreen-blind/bug screen
To port is a private headwith a solid cherry door. The head is finished in molded white gelcoat with varnished cherry vertical louvered lockers and doors. The molded head sole has molded-in non-skid with drain. Features include:
- Corian Aurora countertop has a stainless sink with single lever Grohe faucet
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Separate shower area with clear Plexi-glass folding doors has a Grohe. There is a teak seat and a storage locker outboard in the shower stall with a varnished teak louvered door. There is a separate switched light.
- Cherry framed mirror on back of head door
- (2) Recessed 12-volt halogen lights
- Opening port with screen
- Opening hatch overhead in shower with Oceanair Skyscreen-blind/screen
- Sealand Vacu-flush marine head is plumbed to the holding tank.
- Stainless steel towel bar
- 110-volt GFI dual outlet
- Reverse-cycle AC/heat vent
- Toilet paper holder is mounted inside the vanity louvered door
- Storage is provided in a lined locker above and outboard the countertop with sliding louvered cherry doors
- Louvered varnished Cherry door locker under the vanity.
- Countertop trash can with cover in the aft end of the vanity
- Tankwatch holding tank monitor panel
Sleeps two forward in V-Berth:
- Double berth is formed with the V-berth insert with cushion
- Cushions are upholstered in Marco Denim fabric with navy piping
- Locker storage under the V-berth cushions
- Access to forepeak/anchor rode storage.
- Two recessed halogen lights in overhead
- Two chrome Frigast 12-volt lights are mounted on the aft bulkhead port and starboard
- Two Hella fans mounted on forward bulkhead.
- Two stereo speakers mounted in forward bulkhead
- Standard lockers outboard and above V-berth
Aft of the V-berth to port is a large cedar-lined hanging locker with fiddled shelf storage over. There is a small cushioned seat in front of the hanging locker.
- Starboard is another locker/pantry with a fiddled top and interior removable shelves, storage space and a light. This locker separates the forward sleeping area from the galley.
- There is a cabin Marineair heat/AC control
12/24 volt DC electrical system:
- (2) Lifeline GPL-31 starting battery for each main engine and includes generator
- (2) 12-volt DF-4D 210 amp/hr Service batteries for a total of 420-amps for house accessories
- 80-amp alternator on port engine charges start batteries
- 100-amp alternator on starboard engine charges house batteries
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting
110/240-volt 50 amp AC electrical system:
- 240-volt AC shore power inlet, relay and shore power cord with Glendenning shore cord reel system
- 80-amp battery charger
- Statpower Prosine 2.5 shore power inverter
- 110-volt outlets
Bass AC/DC electrical panel.
Panda 12 Kw generator with sound shield.
- 35-amp alternator on generator
- Generator control panel in galley includes: Start/stop controls, pre-heat switch, and lighted warning panel.
- 445 hours on generator 20Oct2013
Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system throughout boat.
MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT & ENGINE DETAILS
- ¨ Twin (2) 2022 Yanmar common rail 440-hp FWC diesel engines with Hamilton 322 Jet Drive, ZF IRM301PL transmission ENGINE HOURS 0 starboard 0 PORT
- ¨ Panda generator ~500 hours
- ¨ New hydraulic reversible bow thruster.
- ¨ Teak rimmed stainless steering wheel
- ¨ Yanmar electronic throttle/transmission control with synchronizer
- ¨ Hinckley new Jetstick 2 control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- ¨ Dual cylinder trim tab is below each jet with controls and displays at helm.
- ¨ Racor fuel/water filters with water sensor and drain petcocks
- ¨ Tachometer with engine hours gauge.
- ¨ Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
- ¨ High engine water temperature and low oil pressure alarms
- ¨ Water jet nozzle direction steering indicator
- ¨ Custom wet exhaust muffler system
- ¨ Oil change pump for engines, generator, and transmission
- ¨ Manual hydraulic steering pump
- ¨ (3) Electric 3700 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- ¨ Whale emergency bilge pump mounted below cabin sole
- ¨ Saltwater deck wash with anchor locker spigot
- ¨ In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump
- ¨ Fireboy - Xintex automatic fire system for engines and generator with automatic engine shutdown
- ¨ (2) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- ¨ (3) Aluminum fuel tanks with transfer pump – (1) 190 gallon and (2) 80 gallon saddle tanks
- ¨ Stainless steel 60-gallon hot water heater – engine or electrically heated
- ¨ Aluminum 35-gallon holding tank with Y-valve and macerator pump to overboard discharge
- ¨ MarineAir 34,000 total BTU reverse-cycle marine air conditioning with outlets in main cabin, head and pilothouse.
- ¨ Bow burgee socket
- ¨ New 9,5 ft AB RIB tender with swim platform davits available
- ¨ Varnished teak burgee staff
- ¨ 2026 full canvas
- ¨ Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & socket
- ¨ Boat hook mounted under side deck
- ¨ Bell
- ¨ Dock lines
- ¨ Fenders
- ¨ Life jackets
- ¨ Handheld flare kit
- ¨ 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash
- ¨ Masthead and running lights
- ¨ Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir 1200A 24-volt DC electric windlass with polished stainless steel 22# anchor + 25” stainless steel chain + 200’ x 5/8” anchor rode and stainless steel bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld remote at anchor locker. Saltwater deck wash with spigot in anchor locker.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.