Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Man
- Model: 2842LE 404 Diesel
- Drive Type: Jet
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 1,320hp
- Type: Inboard
- Year: 2005
- Make: Man
- Model: 2842LE 404 Diesel
- Drive Type: Jet
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 1,320hp
- Type: Inboard
SANDY is laid out with a master cabin forward with a centerline queen berth and en suite head with separate stall shower. A second cabin functions as an office with a settee that converts to a queen berth for guests. A large, open galley connects to the pilothouse above, which in turn connects to the large cockpit aft through sliding glass doors. Updated fabrics and electronics have her looking great. Built with extensive cruising in mind, she has minimal teak outside to maintain while the interior shows off the rich cherry woodwork and Hinckley craftsmanship
The hull and deck are infused under vacuum using the SCRIMP infusion process, resulting in a boat that is lighter and stronger than a traditional hand laid hull, using exactly the correct amount of resign and material.
- DualGuard composite construction with Kevlar/E-glass hybrid outer skin, balsa and Corecell core and a carbon fiber inner skin infused with Vinylester resin. This results in a very strong, stiff, puncture resistant hull with excellent resistance to osmosis or water intrusion
- Thru hull fittings are non-metallic composite with ball-valve seacocks below waterline and above the waterline where appropriate. Bronze seacocks, thru-hull fittings and sea strainers on propulsion engines.
- Rubrail and quarter guards painted to match hull with stainless steel chafe strips provide protection when docked against pilings
- The swim platform is painted to match hull color with teak decking inserts and stainless steel half round with a stainless steel telescoping 3-step swim ladder under swim platform.
- Midnight Blue Awlgrip hull paint (2011)
- Light Cream gelcoat deck and cabintop with molded in non-skid
- Single Cream Awlgrip boot stripe
- Red bottom paint
- Composite construction with E-glass laminates with basla and Corecell core infused with Vinylester resin using SCRIMP process
- Bow rail – 316L stainless steel with varnished teak bow burgee staff and mounting socket on railing forward extends aft port and starboard to just forward of the cockpit.
- Molded non-skid surface on cockpit deck, side deck surfaces, and cabin top surfaces.
- Polished smooth Gelcoat finish on vertical surfaces of deck, house, waterways, and pilothouse top
- Tapered varnished teak toe rails with Hinckley profile.
- Running lights on pilothouse roof sides
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top.
- Handrails – varnished teak handrails are mounted on forward cabin top port and starboard and on the roof top port and starboard
- Anchor Locker: Molded into the foredeck, with hinged and gas-spring assisted hatches. Custom stainless steel anchor roller with stainless steel Delta plow anchor. Remote control for Hydraulic anchor windlass as well as control at helm station makes anchoring this boat simple. A saltwater deck wash system is located in this foredeck locker.
- Chocks - (2) Open custom Hinckley stainless steel bow chocks, and (4) Closed custom Hinckley chocks located at fore and aft spring cleats.
- Mooring Cleats: (8) 316 stainless steel bow, stern and springline cleats. Bow and stern cleats are 12” and springline cleats are 10”
- (9) Smoke gray tint hatches with stainless steel frames have interior retractable Sky Screen screens and sun shades.
- Overboard direct drainage scuppers for cockpit.
- Custom Hinckley fender storage lockers in side deck lockers midship for (4) fenders, 2-port and 2-starboard.
- Huge foredeck storage locker has port and starboard hinged and gas-spring assisted hatches and step access to interior.
- Custom Hinckley aluminum mast, open array radar antenna, remote spotlight, and Thermal imaging camera and the hailer horn are painted to match deck.
Entry to the boat is either from the port or starboard side decks with steps into the cockpit, or through the transom door from the swim platform.
- Molded fiberglass boarding steps inboard of cockpit coaming port and starboard.
- A hinged transom door to starboard at the stern.
- Molded fiberglass rear facing seating both port and starboard sides.
- Fold away forward facing transom bench seating with removable back rest, custom port side bench seating is removable.
- Removable cockpit table has stainless steel deck fitting
- Stern mounted 5’ varnished ensign staff with flush mounted stainless steel center socket.
- Storage lockers port and starboard.
- Molded non-skid sole and varnished cockpit coaming.
- Electric lift engine room access centerline hatch.
- Ivory Stamoid cockpit cover.
- Pair (2) Bose waterproof speakers - controlled from salon main system.
- Courtesy lighting under cockpit coaming.
- Safety lighting on cockpit steps.
- Cockpit shower with hot/cold mixing valve with shower near transom door.
- (2) Glendenning powered shore cords exit from the transom through flush hatch to port side.
- Easily set up cockpit shade awning
- Cockpit floodlight
- Port and starboard rod holders in cockpit side decks
Cockpit seating is provided by:
- Port and starboard aft-facing settees, with storage behind; and removable bottom and seat back cushions.
- Additional seating is provided by a fold-away transom seat that stores away completely for flexible use of the cockpit.
- Removable seat back cushion.
- Custom removable bench seating to port forms “L” shaped cockpit seating
- Cushions - covered in Sunbrella Chateau de Lis (blue/yellow) for bench seating, rear facing seating fabric is Sunbrella Lyon Stripe (blue/yellow)
Storage is provided in the cockpit by:
- Lockers under cockpit coamings port and starboard.
- Lockers in back of rear facing seating.
- Cockpit sole hatch with recessed hinges and manual lift hydraulic risers for access to the lazzarette and Hamilton Water Jet propulsion systems, additionally there is fender storage on underside of this hatch.
The interior is reminiscent of a bygone era of boating with traditional craftsmanship and details. She is laid out with a large master stateroom is forward with an ensuite head and shower. A large galley down to port and a second stateroom/office is to starboard midship with a double berth. There is a full guest head with shower. The spacious salon incorporates the helm station to starboard forward and dinette/lounge seating aft. Two Thomas Moser wing chairs and an entertainment cabinet are to port. The Hinckley 55 Motor Yacht achieves an unprecedented level of performance, comfort and style.
The interior is finished in Satin gloss varnished cherry with custom detailing, a bright varnished teak and tulipwood cabin sole, and an overhead light custom detailed with exposed cherry deck ribs. All closets are lined in planked cedar. Eight opening screened portlights and nine opening overhead hatches provide great light and natural ventilation, augmented by reverse-cycle air conditioning. The offwhite sound absorbent overhead with cherry batons lightens the interior.
Large pilothouse windows and sliding aft glass doors provide excellent visibility and natural light to the interior of the salon. Entry to pilothouse from cockpit is through polished stainless steel framed, full-height, curved, tinted tempered glass doors. These custom doors have four panels (each side has one-fixed, and one sliding panel, port and stbd), allowing opening positions up to 64-inches, which makes the interior to feel open and airy to the cockpit.
Pilothouse layout includes:
- Forward: Helm station area is to starboard with twin Stidd helmsman chairs. To port is a bar area and chart table top with storage under, an open companionway forward leads down to the galley and accommodations below. The bar area outboard includes liquor storage locker as well as chart storage under top of bar.
- Aft: Full-width living area aft in the pilot house includes a U-shaped couch settee seating to starboard and an Entertainment center to port with two Thomas Moser wing chairs.
Pilothouse is finished with:
- Satin varnished cherry including dash and bar area, bulkheads and panel areas.
- Varnished cherry overhead battens and custom air-conditioning valance ducts with indirect lighting.
- Varnished teak and tulipwood pilothouse sole, with area carpets.
- Couch settee seating is finished in Spinneybeck leather in Aqua White.
- Electric Hi-Lo dining table.
- Black composite on Helm pod face.
The Pilothouse has:
- All fixed windows are laminated safety glass.
- Three forward fixed windows have windshield wipers & washers.
- Electric opening side window starboard at helm.
- Electric Ocean Air Skysol roman-style blind system for pilot house side windows.
- Front windows have an outside snap-on, shade cover.
- Pilothouse aft door has roman-style shades, custom Avalon fabric (Cashew Chintz Topar Plus Gold/stripe).
- Overhead lighting is provided by halogen lamps on dimmer controls.
- Additional lighting is provided by wall-mounted lamps aft.
- Ice maker under helm seating
AFT PILOTHOUSE AREA Features:
- U-shaped dinette couch settee recovered with Spennybeck Aqua White leather.
- Varnished cherry table on electric Hi-Lo pedestal can drop down to convert to a double berth.
- Throw pillows for settee.
- Bose surround sound system.
Entertainment Area (Port):
- Custom cherry cabinet/table holds entertainment electronics.
- Outboard is a fold-away Sharp TV .
- Bose Lifestyle surround-sound audio system.
- There are two Thomas Moser wing chairs with cushions on either side of the cabinet upholstered in Spinneybeck Aqua White leather.
- Next forward bar area with liquor locker storage, and built-in chart top.
The Helm is forward to starboard, and has a black composite finished dash with flush mounted electronics and controls, and varnished outboard shelf. This area also has the Hinckley JetStick®, engine controls, instruments and gauges, and a teak-rimmed steering wheel.
Two Stidd helm seats are covered in Spinneybeck Aqua White leather. The Helm seats are electrically powered with chrome pedestals.
- Below the companion seat is a locker with 110 V Icemaker.
- JetStick system includes manual override back-up.
- 110-VAC outlet.
- Stainless steel glass/mug holders are port and starboard of the helm.
- Air-conditioning control panel.
- Main electrical breaker panel at gangway stairs.
- Binnacle mounted Ritchie Powerdamp compass.
The Helm has an open view to port into the easily accessed Galley below, as well as the surrounding decks, fore deck and aft cockpit area outside the yacht.
Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- GPS: Simrad NSS16 EVO 3 Sunlight Full HD with GPS, Sounder, Wi-Fi & HDMI out, with Insight Charts
- Main Radar: Electronics Radar package is a Simrad RA-80 4 foot- 6KW open array radar antenna with Black box controls.
- Secondary Radar: Simrad Broadband 4G Radar kit for NSS Series Includes Scanner, RI10 Interface Box with NMEA2K Simrad Broadband 4G Radar kit for NSS Series which Includes 18” Scanner NEMA 2K Generation 4 Digital EVO3 radome as backup antenna.
- Second display: 15” TFT sunlight Viewable LCD monitor on starboard side of pod with Primary radar display and C-Map computer charting and computer display.
- Primary Depth and Temprature: Simrad Bronze Transducer integrated display on the Simrad EVO3 Display.
- Secondary Depth Display: Simrad IS15 digital backup depth system with bronze smart transducer for speed, depth, & temp
- AIS: AI-80 with new 4’ Digital Antenna
- Auto pilot: Simrad AP-50 with HS-75 GPS-Gyro rate compass.
- Fluxgate compass for secondary heading data.
- Night Vison: FLIR M-324S Gyro-Stabilized IR Camera with Helm Digital Controller.
- Remote controlled RCL -100 spot light - on pilothouse roof with remote control at helm.
- Ritchie® Globemaster illuminated compass.
- PowerMax DA 4000SBR cell phone power amplifier/wireless repeater – with 4’ Digital Antenna mounted on pilot house roof.
- Simrad RS 86 VHF radio with loudhailer
- Weather Channel connected to monitor at helm.
- PowerMax DA 4000SBR cell phone and wireless cellular repeater
- Ritchie Powerdamp compass
- Exalto wiper control panel
- LectroTab trim tab control panel
- Emergency bilge pump switch.
- Kahlenberg dual trumpet air horn
- 3 Zone Bose Lifestyle 28 surround-sound audio systems with XM radio receivers and DVD/CD player - Forward system includes sub- woofer and amplifier.
- (5 +1) Dolby Surround sound speaker system in Pilothouse speakers
- (2) Bose Speakers with Bose full remote in Owner's cabin
- (2) Bose waterproof cockpit speakers.
- LG LCD TV with DVD player in guest berth.
- Samsung flat panel TV in Pilothouse with Bose surround sound TV system, shore cable, and DVD.
- Mechanical lift for pilothouse TV from cherry cabinetry.
- LG LCD TV in Master TV system. Shore Cable, DVD and Wi-Fi programing capability in master berth.
- Book shelf storage for book and 75 CD/DVD's in Owner's cabin and Pilothouse.
Down several steps from the pilothouse, the U-shaped galley is to port. This area is open above to the pilothouse and receives additional light and ventilation from the opening port and overhead hatch. There is ample storage for crockery, supplies and provisioning in drawers and lockers.
The double stainless steel sink is aft facing, and outboard of it is a countertop accessed storage bin. The countertop has a back lip here that protects the cherry bulkhead. Over the sink is a custom fitted Lenox dish rack for drying and storage. The Stainless Steel microwave/convection oven is flush-mounted over the sinks. Below the sink is a storage space accessed through two cherry hinged doors.
Outboard is the two burner electric cooktop with storage drawers under and storage lockers outboard, and the Subzero twin drawer refrigeration/freezer system with cherry joinery. There is additional counter space with storage below and over, and a door to access the trash can and recycle bin.
- Corian Magna Sahara counter top with custom edge details.
- Gaggenau - 2-burner electric cook top.
- Sharp Stainless steel microwave/convection oven - flush mounted above sink.
- Trash Receptacle
- Double polished stainless steel undercounter sink with Grohe single-lever fixture with Hand Sprayer.
- Hot and cold constant pressure fresh water system
- Instant hot water system at sink.
- (2) Subzero 700b Refrigeration drawers finished in cherry-faces
- Domestic Cold machine top loading freezer.
- 110 volt AC icemaker in a locker below the companion helm seat
- Additional 110-VAC outlets are positioned for coffee maker and toaster
- Over-counter lighting with dimmer
- Teak storage for dinner service for 8
- Inboard locker in galley has adjustable shelves, Beverage Center doors on pilothouse side
Across from the galley to starboard, the guest cabin is entered through a tambour pocket- style door. This cabin has an office deck and couch which converts to a full queen berth with Sunbrella covers. There are triple drawer storage under the berths and a hanging locker with dresser/ desk forward. Thomas Moser desk chair and overhead and outboard shelf. Features include:
- 110 volt outlet.
- LED Overhead lighting on dimmer.
- Bulkhead mounted lighting.
- Standalone Reverse-cycle AC/heating zone.
- Cherry dresser and hanging locker.
- LCD TV with DVD/CD Player
- Opening portlight and overhead hatch with shade
The Guest Head is forward of the Galley to port and is finished in varnished cherry including lockers and mirror trim and has a Light Cream gelcoat molded sole for easy cleaning.
This Head includes:
- Varnished cherry countertop with under mounted stainless steel sink with Grohe single-lever fixture.
- Sealand Vacu-flush marine toilet
- Shower, sectioned off with Lucite doors, with a Grohe single-lever mixing valve
- Opening portlight
- Overhead lighting.
- Storage areas are outboard and under sink.
- (2) Custom stainless steel towel racks.
- Hella fan.
- Overhead hatch has SkyScreen shade.
UTILITY CENTER AND STORAGE AREA:
To starboard, forward of guest cabin, is a large storage area with double cherry doors. This area serves as a utility center, and houses the ASKO front-loading full sized washer and dryer, plumbed to the sump tank. There is also a Seavac central vacuum system, a hanging locker, and additional storage compartments which are illuminated by action of the door switches.
The luxurious forward cabin features a centerline forward facing queen berth, a lift top desk/vanity with chair and a private head with stall shower.
- Cherry satin varnished counter tops and cabinetry
- Lots of storage available in port and starboard drawers and lockers with satin varnished cherry doors. Additional storage under berth
- Built-in desk/vanity forward with port and starboard shelved cabinets
- Thomas Moser cherry desk chair with Spinnybeck Aqua leather covered seat
- Queen innerspring mattress
- Lift top desk has make-up mirror inside
- Small seating settee forward of head covered with Spinnybeck Aqua leather
- Opening port lights with shades
- Overhead lighting on dimmers
- Alcove book shelves to starboard.
- Bulkhead mounted lighting forward and aft
- Reverse-cycle AC/heat vents
- Bose Lifestyle surround sound speakers.
- Simrad RS 87 remote VHF radio with external speaker at desk.
- LG LCD TV behind cherry panel doors mounted in forward bulkhead above desk.
- Samsung DVD player.
Aft to port in the Master Cabin is the entry to the Owner’s head. This Head features a separate stall shower and is also finished in satin varnished cherry with a Light Cream gelcoat molded sole.
This head includes:
- Gloss varnished countertop with custom edge details with custom polished stainless steel sink with Grohe single-lever fixture.
- Separate Stall Shower with a Grohe single-lever mixing valve.
- Sealand Vacu-flush marine toilet
- Opening portlight.
- Full-length mirror on aft bulkhead with cherry trim.
- Overhead lighting has dimmer.
- Storage areas outboard and under sink.
- (2) Stainless steel towel bars.
- 110 volt outlet.
- Air-conditioning outlet.
- Forced ventilation.
- Hella fan
- Mirror above sink
- Tank watch monitor
- Overhead hatch with SkyScreen shade
- Robe hook on back of head door
- Twin Man 1300HP 2842LE 404 diesel engines.
- Twin Disc transmissions
- Single lever Man Electronic control.
- Man MMDS-CMS 10 engine function display.
- Flo Scan fuel monitor system
- (2) Hamilton 403 water jets
- Hinckley JetStick electric/hydraulic control system-integrates forward and aft motion of boat, steering, and bow thruster into single joystick with backup system
- Alarms for low engine oil pressure, engine high water temperature
- Racor fuel-water filters with pressure gauges, water sensors.
- Racor in-line fuel/air separators.
- Baffled and insulated engine air intakes.
- Underwater exhaust system - with low speed by-pass.
- Side Power hydraulic bow thruster.
- Dual-cylinder stainless steel trim tabs.
- Power-assist steering
- Forced air exhaust blower in engine room.
- Oil Transfer Pump - reversible, 24-Volt DC - for main engines, transmissions, and generator.
- Fresh hot and cold pressurized water, 24-VDC main and back-up pumps supplying Galley, Shower, Head and Cockpit shower.
- Dockside water pressure system
- (2) Automatic 24-volt DC sump pumps for showers, and air-conditioning condensate.
- (4) Rule® 24-volt DC electric 3500-GPH bilge pumps with ULTRA automatic float switches.
- High-water bilge alarm
- Saltwater deck wash deck wash pump with hose connections on deck near anchor roller.
- 17-gallon water heater - marine insulated stainless steel heater:
- 100-gallon aluminum holding tank
- Overboard discharge pump (where allowed) and deck pumpout fitting for holding tank with tank monitor system
- 200-gallon stainless steel fresh water tank
- Marine Air Systems reverse-cycle marine air conditioning - one 24,000 BTU “chilled water” system with four (4) separate air handlers for the salon, galley and heads, guest cabin and owner’s stateroom
- Engine Room Insulation: Insulated with foam/composite insulation, with metal covering on visible surfaces. Double gaskets on access door to engine room.
- Engine Air Intake: Baffled and insulated.
- Four (4) cage protected lights.
- Fireboy fire suppression system with automatic engine shutdown
Generator: One (1) Fischer Panda PMS 16SSDP 16-KW, rated for 240-volts AC and is mounted in a sound shield. With digital remote panel for starting.
- Custom lighted electrical panel with smoked glass cover has circuit breakers, meters, switches, and indicator lights.
- Common wire bonding with a minimum branch wire size of #8 AWG per ABYC.
- Start Batteries: Four (4) BCI group 31 AGM batteries for main engines and generator.
- House: Four (4) BCI group 31 AGM batteries for the main house bank.
- Heavy-duty battery switches for both port and starboard engines, with the ability to parallel the Starting Batteries.
- Two (2) Balmar® alternators - 100-amp 24-Volt DC.
- Two (2) 24-Volt-DC battery chargers. One (1) House bank and one (1) for starting bank.
- 24-Volt DC ship’s service. 240-volt-AC from shore with 12-volt DC electronics panel.
- 12-Volt lighting
- Two (2) Power inlet cords rated at 50-amps each, 240/120-Volt AC.
- MasterVolt BTM -1 battery monitor system
Ground Tackle System:
- Hydraulic Muir windlass - mounted in custom anchor well.
- Custom 316L stainless steel bow roller with primary anchor.
- 55-lb Delta polished stainless steel primary anchor with 200’ of 3/8”” HT chain rode.
- 40 lb Fortress FX55 secondary anchor with chain and rope rode
- Anchor windlass controls at helm station and foredeck with remote control for windlass
- Saltwater anchor washdown in foredeck locker
- Teak bow burgee pole with flush socket.
- Stern mounted 4' varnished teak staff with flush socket.
- Dock lines – 50’ x ¾”
- Fenders with fleece covers.
- Navigation lights
- (4) Fire Extinguishers: 2-lb. Type B-1 fire extinguishers for class A, B, and C fires.