Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Cummins
- Model: QSB 6.7 liter diesel
- Drive Type: Jet
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 550hp
- Type: Inboard
- Engine Hours: 128
- Make: Cummins
- Model: QSB 6.7 liter diesel
- Drive Type: Jet
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 550hp
- Type: Inboard
- Engine Hours: 128
“ALLEGRO” (name reserved) is a very rare opportunity to acquire one of Hinckley’s latest iterations of the celebrated Picnic Boat line of yachts without the one year wait and at a discount from new construction. The Picnic Boat 40 is the first Hinckley to include as standard, our new composite epoxy infused hull with co-infused structure.
This “almost new” PB40 is an exceptionally well-appointed vessel. She has been captain maintained during her few short months out of a heated shed at Hinckley in Portsmouth, RI. At this high level of care, “Allegro” will convey with the Hinckley CPO Warranty.
ALLEGRO received numerous and substantial upgrades during the build and includes the Seakeeper zero speed stabilizer system that eliminates undesirable rolling, an upgraded 550hp engine package that makes long range cruising a breeze, a powered Sure Shade awning system that provides shade for family and friends and a powered side hull door that makes boarding safe and easy.
Please review her specifications and pictures to see how special the Picnic Boat is.
- The boat’s 12’10” beam provides for spacious accommodations including open galley to port, head with shower stall to starboard and generous V-berth forward.
- Generous pilothouse with L-settee to port and wet bar amenity to starboard
- There is ample storage for extended cruising
- The cabin is finished in a satin varnished cherry with a gloss varnished Teak and tulipwood cabin sole and a sound absorbent overhead
- The pilothouse is finished in gloss varnish with teak deck sole.
- ALLEGRO features an Ocean Blue Awlgrip hull
- Polar White Gelcoat deck with matching painted non-skid on side and fore decks, Ocean Blue
- Double Oyster White Boot Stripe with Awlgrip to match the deck color
- Varnished teak toe rail
- Varnished teak hand rails
- varnished teak cockpit coamings
- varnished teak caps and eyebrow
- Remotely powered hull-side door eases entry onboard
- Wide side decks, properly placed gloss teak handrails and a nice foredeck makes handling lines/fenders easy and safe for docking.
- Sure Shade
- Cockpit table
- Side deck fender storage – dedicated
- Seakeeper 6 Zero Speed Gyro Stabilizer System
- C-Zone control and monitoring system providing ultimate control and offsite monitoring
- Hinckley OnWatch – Remotely monitors bilge, security, shore power, batteries, location critical engine data. Additionally, diagnostics for engine can be performed remotely by Hinckley technicians.
- Powered hull-side door with key FOB, folds and slides into concealed garage.
- Powered sliding pilothouse side windows
- Double wide Stidd helm seat with fore/aft, up/down adjustment at helm chair
- Two (2) 12,000 BTU air conditioning/reverse cycle units for pilothouse provides extraordinary cooling in cockpit/pilothouse
- Two (2) Stainless steel oversized powered hatches with power dogging feature on pilothouse top.
- SureShade power retractable cockpit sunshade
- Ocean air Skyscreens provide bug screens/shades on all overhead hatches
- Custom detailed Corian countertops in galley and gloss varnish cherry in head
- Dimmable lighting throughout provides enhanced ambiance
- Custom galley with refrigerator/freezer control, glass two burner cooktop and microwave.
- Varnished teak dash forward of port and starboard helm seats
- Varnished pilothouse side liners
- Custom galley locker fitted with pegging for organized dishes and glasses
- Fusion AV750 satellite receiver stereo with Bluetooth connectivity
- OceanBlue Awlgrip Topsides.
- Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and deck with matching non-skid.
- Double Oyster White Boot Stripe with Awlgrip
- Hinckley TriGuard® Epoxy Construction – Aramid fiber/E-glass outerskin with Corecell M Foam for core. Carbon fiber for inner skin infused and post-cured with epoxy resin using Seaman Composite Resin Infusion Molding Process (SCRIMP).
- Molded non-skid matching decks
- Stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molded rub rail.
- Foredeck Anchor Locker - Flush anchor locker has a pneumatic strut that holds open the anchor locker hatch and a Hinckley-designed stainless-steel anchor roller with room to store fender and lines.
- (4) Mid-deck cleats are stainless steel pop up models.
- Swim Platform - Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has custom full teak package, stainless steel bracket and half round, and a stainless-steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile.
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top.
- Gloss varnished teak handrails on pilothouse and cabin tops – pilothouse handrails to include teak “wrap-around”.
- Three (3) opening elliptical ports with screens.
- Hinckley-styled mast on pilothouse top-painted to match deck.
- ACR remote spotlight mounted on pilothouse roof-painted to match deck.
- (5) Low profile stainless steel opening hatches – pilothouse hatch powered on/close.
- All opening hatches have Ocean Air Skyscreen screen/blind systems.
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks.
- Bow and stern 316L stainless steel mooring cleats.
- Mid ship cleats are stainless steel pop-up style
- Wichard pad eyes with chafe strips to hang fenders and fender lines have Wichard clips.
- Side deck fender lockers
The Cockpit has additional seating with two (2) curved settees, each with a varnished teak shelf rim outboard.
- Settees face forward and aft using back and bottom cushions. These cushions are box-style with leg bolster
- Teak cockpit sole
- There is an icebox with teak cover between forward aft facing seats and locker stowage beneath forward and aft settees.
- Custom varnished teak table
- Inboard-facing teak louvered doors provide access to large storage areas in each seatback.
- The engine box is hinged with electric lifts to provide easy access to the engine room.
- Teak side-deck boarding step.
- Varnished teak cockpit coaming
- Aft-facing seating is built into the engine box. The seats are covered in Ralph Lauren “Cricket Club Stripe Sky” fabric with Sunbrella “Canvas Capri” piping bottom and back cushions.
- Powered hull side door with key fob
- Forward and Aft facing seat backs are topped with varnished teak flats that separate the cockpit from the pilothouse. Port flat incorporates custom mount triple drink holders.
- Hinged transom door.
- (1) Pair Fusion stereo speakers mounted under side decks.
- Courtesy step-light in pilothouse entry and courtesy lighting under the side decks.
- Cockpit shower/water outlet - with hot and cold mixing valve.
- Chrome-plated scupper grates - provide direct overboard drainage.
- Center deck hatch with line racks - provide storage space and access to service mechanical.
- Rod holders - installed port and starboard on side decks. – function as shore power cord holders.
- Stamoid “Cream” weather covers for cockpit seats
- Stamoid “Cream” cockpit cover.
- Fender storage on bottom of hatch
Pilothouse Amenity: Amenity cabinet to starboard with stainless-steel sink, folding faucet and varnished teak cover. Refrigeration below with storage aft. There is also glass and bottle storage in adjoining cabinet with top storage bin and hinged varnished teak cover.
- Gloss varnished teak pilothouse upper side-liners and dash.
- Varnished teak table with opening leaf
- (4) Four pilothouse windows: -Two powered sliding side windows and Two fixed forward windows.
- Forward pilothouse windows have heavy-duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers with fresh water washers.
- Interior window sun covers - for all pilothouse windows.
- Insulated white overhead - for sound attenuation.
- Two (2) overhead powered opening hatches with OceanAir Skyscreens-blinds/bug screens.
- Overhead illumination is low-voltage halogen lights with a dimmer switch. A separate circuit is provided with dimmer switch for the light over helm.
- Two (2) stereo speakers in pilothouse.
- Teak locking companionway door.
- Varnished teak handrail in pilothouse overhead.
- Additional pilothouse stowage is accessed through the centerline hatch.
- Additional speakers are mounted in the pilothouse base both port and starboard.
- Stamoid “Cream” drop curtains with eisenglass windows provide a fully enclosed pilothouse.
- Stidd helm and passenger seats finished in “Ultraleather Promessa Outdoor Ermine” LuxorLeather with powder coated pedestal bases and X-2 footrests
- The port helm seat - is adjustable for up/down as well as fore/aft with X-2 integrated footrest.
- The starboard helm seat - is power adjustable fore and aft with X-2 footrest
Helm Station (Starboard)
The Helm Station has a varnished teak instrument pod with continuing shelf outboard and aft. Layout of controls was customized for improved ergonomics.
- Hinckley “JetStickII®” which integrates forward and aft control, steering, and bow thruster into a single joystick. This system is Jetstick II with Heading Hold.
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim,
- Dual engine controls and gauges.
- ACR Spotlight control remote pad.
- Exalto windshield wiper control pad on dash.
- Trim tab position indicators.
- Separate fuel gauges for each fuel tank.
- Marineair Air conditioning digital control pad.
- Ignition key switches to starboard of helm seat.
- Under the helm seat is a teak door with large storage area.
- Kahlenberg single trumpet air horn with compressor and tank.
Helm Electronics/Nav Equipment:
- Dual Garmin GPSMAP 7612
- Two (2) Smart Craft vessel view display
- Garmin 48” 4kw high definition radar
- Raystar 125 WAAS GPS antenna
- Garmin digital sounder module
- Standard Horizon Matrix GX3000S VHF radio.
- Satellite radio integrated in to navigation display with audio playback through the Bose entertainment system
- Satellite weather module interfaced in to helm navigation display
- Danforth Constellation high-speed Compass, varnished laminated binnacle mounted.
Companionway Entry: From the pilothouse, on center are the teak companionway steps to the accommodations below. The lower step is top-opening for stowage. To starboard of entryway houses the C-Zone electrical monitoring system.
The varnished teak companionway door has a louvered upper-half with removable folding varnished teak hatch top. There is a varnished teak handrail on the starboard side.
The Interior is finished in a satin varnished cherry wood with insulated white overhead with cherry trim. The cabin sole is varnished teak and tulipwood and has a custom cabin sole cover. All cabin locker doors are louvered with radius corners on the frames. All lockers are lined with cedar planks
- (3) Opening overhead hatches with Ocean Air Skyscreen-blinds/bug screens.
- Interior overhead lights and step lights.
- Marine Air reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning
The Galley is immediately to port, with gloss-varnished stained cherry woodwork and a “Witch Hazel” Corian countertop. This galley has been thoughtfully rearranged from standard for easier use.
- Polished deep stainless-steel sink with single lever Grohe Faucet with hot and cold pressure water
- Custom countersunk two-burner Kenyon Touch-Point electric cooktop.
- Microwave oven – is flush mounted in locker centered under cooktop.
- Top loaded refrigerator is flush mounted into Corian with 12-volt cold plate and sliding storage shelf
- C-Zone and Generator remote panel mounted aft at companionway.
- Storage outboard and above the galley countertop.
- Three drawers under sink as well as a cherry-faced locker below sink provide additional storage.
More Galley features:
- Generator control panel
- C-Zone control panel
- Fresh water tank gauge
- 110-volt GFI dual outlet, mounted on aft bulkhead
- 12-volt light is mounted under the locker over the refrigeration
- Two halogen lights in overhead above galley are dimmable
- Step light in galley
- Opening overhead hatch screen with SkyScreen-blind/bug screen
To starboard is a private Head with a solid cherry door. The head is finished in molded white gelcoat with varnished cherry vertical louvered lockers and doors. Adjacent to sink is a separate shower compartment with translucent bi-fold door, teak seats and recessed teak grate in sole.
- Gloss varnished countertop with stainless sink and single-lever Grohe faucet.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Separate shower area with clear Plexi-glass folding doors has a Grohe. There is a teak seat and a storage locker outboard in the shower stall with a varnished teak louvered door. There is a separate switched light.
- Cherry framed mirror located on forward bulkhead.
- (2) Recessed 12-volt halogen lights.
- Opening port with screen.
- Opening hatch overhead in shower with OceanAir Skyscreen blind/bug screen system.
- Sealand Vacu-flush marine head is plumbed to the holding tank.
- Stainless steel towel bar and robe hooks.
- 110-volt GFI dual outlet.
- Hella fan.
- Reverse-cycle AC/heat vent.
- Storage is provided in a lined-locker above and outboard the countertop with sliding, louvered cherry doors.
- Louvered varnished cherry door locker under the vanity.
- Tankwatch holding tank monitor panel.
Settee seats six and converts to oversized berth with cushions upholstered in Suncloth “Malibu ”fabric with seatbacks in Sunbrella “Canvas Capri”. Powered up/down pedestal with table creates filler for berth and cushions are stored in dedicated bin under companionway steps.
- Access to forepeak/anchor rode storage. This area has a caged light.
- Two Hella fans mounted on forward bulkhead. These fans are controlled by remote switch near galley.
- Two recessed halogen lights in overhead on dimmer control.
- Two chrome 12-volt lights are mounted on the aft bulkhead port and starboard.
- Flush lockers are outboard and above V-berth
Aft of the V-berth to starboard is a large cedar-lined hanging locker with fiddled shelf storage over. There is a small cushioned seat in front of the hanging locker.
* Vessel monitoring by Hinckley OnWatch:
- Remotely monitors bilge, security, shore power, batteries, location critical engine data. Additionally, diagnostics for engine can be performed remotely by Hinckley technicians.
Distribution Panel: C-Zone digital switching giving full function of all DC systems on touchscreen located adjacent to galley. Full control via iPad/iPhone. Additionally, full control at Garmin display at helm or from owner’s iPhone/iPad.
12-volt DC electrical system:
- (2) Lifeline GPL-31 starting battery for each main engine and includes generator.
- (2) 12-volt AGM-4D 210-amp/hr Service batteries for a total of 420-amps for house accessories.
- Two 185-amp alternators charge each start and house batteries via Mastervolt isolators.
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switches also allow emergency starting.
110/240-volt 30-amp AC electrical system:
- 50-A 125/250-volt AC shore power inlet, relay and two 30-amp shore power cords.
- Victron Energy Multi-plus 3000-watt/50-amp 12-volt power inverter/battery charger for house batteries.
- 30-amp charger for start batteries.
- 110-volt outlets
Onan 7.5-Kw generator with sound shield and remote display and control panel
- 35-amp alternator on generator.
- Generator control panel in galley includes: Start/stop controls and lighted warning panel.
Low-resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system throughout boat.
Optional Twin (2) Cummins QSB 6.7L common-rail diesel 550-hp engines, with twin Smart Craft vessel view displays.
- Hamilton 322 Jet Drive
- Seakeeper 6 Zero Speed Stabilizer.
- (2) Two ZF 220 transmissions.
- Imtra variable speed hydraulic 7” reversible bow thruster.
- Hydraulic PTO for redundant operation of Jetstick, bow thruster, windlass
- Teak-rimmed stainless steering wheel.
- Hinckley’s 3rd generation “JetStickII®” control system is integrated with the variable speed hydraulic bow thruster. Intuitive mode selection throttle activated JetStick II allowing improved control in tight corners and fluid transition between JetStick and throttles.
- Dual cylinder trim tab is below each jet with controls and displays at helm.
- Racor fuel/water filters with water sensor and drain petcocks.
- Tachometer with engine multifunction display.
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges.
- High engine water temperature and low oil pressure alarms.
- Custom wet exhaust muffler system.
- Manual hydraulic steering pump.
- (3) Electric 4500-gph 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches.
- Whale emergency bilge pump mounted below cockpit locker.
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump.
- Fireboy - Automatic fire system for engines and generator with automatic engine shutdown.
- (3) 2.5lb Dry chemical fire extinguishers.
- Stainless steel 10-gallon hot water heater – engine or electrically heated.
- Polyethylene 35-gallon holding tank with Y-valve and macerator pump to overboard discharge.
- (2) Two Marineair 12,000 BTU reverse-cycle marine air conditioners with outlets in main cabin, head and pilothouse.
- Varnished teak burgee staff.
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & socket.
- Dock lines
- Life jackets
- Handheld flare kit.
- 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash.
- Masthead and running lights.
- Muir hydraulic Windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir 1200A windlass with polished stainless steel 22# anchor + 25’ stainless steel chain + 150’ x 5/8” anchor rode and stainless-steel bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld remote at anchor locker.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.